How do I reply to an item in the list ?

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Wed Nov 13 17:38:28 EST 2002

Patrick.Carabin at MyRealBox.COM fed this fish to the penguins on
Wednesday 13 November 2002 12:13 am:

> Dear Dennis,
>
>>         Oh, main thing I notice is that there are no /references/ in
>>         your
>> header, which means that it is considered the start of a thread...
>
>  would You like to explain a bit more about that /references/ ,
> - what it should be
> - where it should be
>
> so i can try to «reply» without breaking the thread ? The «Post a
> follow-up to this message» in Google did NOT place it, so i assume i
> MUST do it manually...

        Well, /this/ message /did/ have references, so it /is/ threaded on my
reader...

From: Patrick.Carabin at MyRealBox.COM
Newsgroups: comp.lang.python
Subject: Re: How do I reply to an item in the list ?
Date: 13 Nov 2002 00:13:07 -0800

<egorqa.sq3.ln at beastie.ix.netcom.com>

        Note the line that says "references:" -- those are the IDs of the

        If they still aren't showing up as threaded on Google, there is a
fault in Google or the means you use to view it with.

        And the sequence shows up threaded in Konqueror... (cut&paste from
screen, looks ugly here)

        -=-=-=-=-=-=-

Message 6 in thread From: Patrick.Carabin at MyRealBox.COM
(Patrick.Carabin at MyRealBox.COM)
Subject: How do I reply to an item in the list ?

View this article only Newsgroups: comp.lang.python
Date: 2002-11-12 05:01:00 PST

with Re : in Subject line, with groups.google, it DIDN'T place in the
thread, but as a separate message( new thread, NOT answer In a thread
). Now trying with NO Re : in the subject

Post a follow-up to this message

Message 7 in thread From: Dennis Lee Bieber (wlfraed at ix.netcom.com)

View this article only Newsgroups: comp.lang.python
Date: 2002-11-12 18:11:40 PST

Patrick.Carabin at MyRealBox.COM fed this fish to the penguins on Tuesday
12 November 2002 05:01 am:

> with Re : in Subject line, with groups.google, it DIDN'T place in the
> thread, but as a separate message( new thread, NOT answer In a thread
> ). Now trying with NO Re : in the subject

        Well, I'd suggest finding a real newsserver, and using a real
news
client -- instead of some web based gateway...

        I can't answer for google, I don't use it for anything except
web
searches.

 >   wlfraed at ix.netcom.com  | Wulfraed  Dennis Lee Bieber  KD6MOG <
 >      wulfraed at dm.net     |       Bestiaria Support Staff       <
 >        Bestiaria Home Page: http://www.beastie.dm.net/         <
 >            Home Page: http://www.dm.net/~wulfraed/             <

Post a follow-up to this message

Message 8 in thread From: Dennis Lee Bieber (wlfraed at ix.netcom.com)

View this article only Newsgroups: comp.lang.python
Date: 2002-11-12 18:11:42 PST

Patrick.Carabin at MyRealBox.COM fed this fish to the penguins on Tuesday
12 November 2002 05:01 am:

> with Re : in Subject line, with groups.google, it DIDN'T place in the
> thread, but as a separate message( new thread, NOT answer In a thread
> ). Now trying with NO Re : in the subject

        Oh, main thing I notice is that there are no /references/ in
your
header, which means that it is considered the start of a thread...

 >   wlfraed at ix.netcom.com  | Wulfraed  Dennis Lee Bieber  KD6MOG <
 >      wulfraed at dm.net     |       Bestiaria Support Staff       <
 >        Bestiaria Home Page: http://www.beastie.dm.net/         <
 >            Home Page: http://www.dm.net/~wulfraed/             <

Post a follow-up to this message

Message 9 in thread From: Patrick.Carabin at MyRealBox.COM

Date: 2002-11-13 00:13:07 PST

Dear Dennis,

>         Oh, main thing I notice is that there are no /references/ in
your
> header, which means that it is considered the start of a thread...

 would You like to explain a bit more about that /references/ ,
- what it should be
- where it should be

so i can try to «reply» without breaking the thread ? The «Post a
follow-up to this message» in Google did NOT place it, so i assume i
MUST do it manually...

TIA,
Patrick Carabin.