Problems having Python read from SQL server

Peter Maas peter.maas at mplusr.de
Wed Nov 13 05:20:14 EST 2002

Tom Nunamaker schrieb:
> The DSN is setup as a system DSN and it has the UID/PWD in the DSN
> setup.  Other programs can connect fine with the DSN.
>
> The common error I'm getting with Python scripts is:
>
> "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user
> '(null)'.  Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection."
>
> How can I create a trusted connection?  The SQL server is on a shared
> ISP's box and I don't have the sa login for it.

In a trusted connection your encrypted Windows login credentials are
transmitted to the SQL server. No need to use UID/PWD in the DSN,
indeed trusted connection should abandon the necessity to store
cleartext passwords in the DSN. If you still aren't successful,
you should supply more details.

Follow up to comp.databases.ms-sqlserver.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Peter Maas

Peter Maas, M+R Infosysteme, D-52070 Aachen, Hubert-Wienen-Str. 24
Tel +49-241-93878-0 Fax +49-241-93878-20 eMail peter.maas at mplusr.de