Problems having Python read from SQL server

Tom Nunamaker tom at bigpier.com
Wed Nov 13 01:09:05 EST 2002

I'm a Python newbie.  I need to connect from a Win2K Python script to a
MS SQL server database on another computer.  I've tried several methods.
The DSN is setup as a system DSN and it has the UID/PWD in the DSN
setup.  Other programs can connect fine with the DSN.

The common error I'm getting with Python scripts is:

"[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user
'(null)'.  Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection."

How can I create a trusted connection?  The SQL server is on a shared
ISP's box and I don't have the sa login for it.

Any other suggestions to connect python to this DB?

Thanks

Tom