Windows COM and Python Objects question

Duane Kaufman duanek at chorus.net
Thu Nov 7 16:27:01 EST 2002

Hi,

I'm a newbie when it comes to COM and Python, so please bear with me
if this question has a simple answer.

I would like to expose Python's wonderful zipfile module capabilities
to the Windows Scripting Host through a COM object. Taking a lead from
Hammond & Robinson's 'Python Programming on Win32' book, I tried to
expand upon the example in Chapter 12, where Python's string module is
exposed.

The problem is, the zipfile module uses _objects_ as return values in
certain cases, requiring the passing of objects _back_ to my Python
COM module to get some types of information (the ZipFile object, for
example), and I don't know how to unpack these (along with their
arguments) and use them.

Any pointers, links, or example code will be appreciated!

Thanks,
Duane