Installing dislin (scientific data plotting software)

Fernando Pérez fperez528 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 13 12:22:13 EST 2002

Turhan Ozen wrote:

> Is there any other recommendations either for using dislin or any advise
> on a powerful plotting tool to use with python apart from dislin?

You could try IPython (http://www-hep.colorado.edu/~fperez/ipython/) as a
working environment. It's not GUI based and under Windows has some
limitations, but it's better than the default python shell. Under
Linux/Unix/OSX, which have proper terminals and readline support, it's quite
nice IMHO (granted, I may be a bit biased :)

Other plottinng options:

- Gnuplot. That's what I use. IPyhton comes with addons to make it much nicer
for regular use.

- Grace. I also use it occasionally, though I'm less familiar with it. It only
does 2d though.

- Chaco (http://scipy.org). This is not production code yet, but watch out for
it in the future.

Cheers,