Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Wed Nov 20 02:05:50 EST 2002

Robin Munn wrote:

> Out of curiosity, do you think a response like: "That's covered in the
> Python tutorial -- look at [URL]" will strike a newbie as friendly or
> not?

Unless insults are thrown into the response, I don't see why not -- or
at the very least, if a newbie concludes that an answer to his question
is rude simply because the responder didn't spend fifteen minutes
crafting a reply to a question that has already been answered so many
times that it is included in a FAQ, that newbie needs to learn a little
more about Usenet, not just Python.

/  \ Seat thyself sultanically among the moons of Saturn.
\__/ Herman Melville
    Official Omega page / http://www.alcyone.com/max/projects/omega/
 The official distribution page for the popular Roguelike, Omega.