python-dev Summary, 2002-11-01 through 2002-11-15

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Mon Nov 18 16:57:36 EST 2002

On 17 Nov 2002, Brett C. wrote:

> The majority of the thread was spent trying to get FreeBSD 4.4 to
> compile Python and trying to work out a possible bug in pymalloc.

Sorry I didn't pick this up before, but that FreeBSD thread was about
FreeBSD-CURRENT (what will shortly become FreeBSD 5.0), and not FreeBSD
4.4.  The -CURRENT issue has to do with the FreeBSD developers taking a
more stringent view of the interpretation of certain standards related
symbols, which affects what libc symbols are visible in the standard C
headers.

E-mail: andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at pcug.org.au            |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Web:    http://www.andymac.org/        |        Australia