windows api message

TeaAndBikkie teaandbikkie at aol.com
Thu Nov 14 19:22:33 EST 2002

>From: Chris Johnson chris.johnson at netiq.com
>
>I am interested in building a tool for automating gui testing.

I have already started one of these for Python. Its early days yet, but can
drive notepad's windows, menus & buttons and grab text off it. If you are
interested, I'll start a sourceforge project and you can help me with it.
I have heaps of ideas for it, including (eventually) a parser for interpreting
or translating WinRunner scripts, hooks for the popular keyword-driven test
frameworks, and some functional-mapping framework stuff of my own. Perhaps you
can help with emulating some useful Segue functions.

>So I have heard some people say its gonna be based on win32 api messaging.

Yes this is a large component. The win32all module is useful for some
functions, and calldll / npstruct / ctypes (someone convince me to use ctypes?)
for the missing functions and c-structures.

>Chris Johnson

Kind regards, Misha