A vision for Parrot

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Nov 6 06:32:34 EST 2002

Andrew Dalke <adalke at mindspring.com> writes:

> Some years back, RMS proposed a standard 'scripting' language called
> Guile.  See, various languages like Tcl, Perl, Python, etc. were
> being developed and none of them were 1) developed under the FSF nor
> 2) a variation of Scheme.  (A simplified and perhaps biased
> interpretation of mine.)

I've never seen any even perceived advantages of guile other than the
FSF thing.  I don't get the impression that it is that great even as a
scheme implementation.

Cheers,
M.

--
  We've had a lot of problems going from glibc 2.0 to glibc 2.1.
  People claim binary compatibility.  Except for functions they