python gui rant

dsavitsk dsavitsk at e-coli.net
Wed Nov 13 20:50:14 EST 2002

"Gumuz" <gumuz at looze.net> wrote in message
news:3dd217e2$0$231$4d4ebb8e at news.nl.uu.net...

> i am using wxPython at the moment as my python gui. Coming from a nice IDE
> like Delphi it's really frustrating to get a nice layout together. I tried
> some tools. The one i liked most, because of it's simplicity was wxGlade,
> but still... it's not there yet. I might have missed something here and I
> don't want to complain, but I think that a good, robust gui-designer will
> open up a lot of posibilities for python. i might give it a shot!

unless you are needing cross-platform-ination from your gui, why not just
use Delphi and either use PythonCOM for the code.  I do this w/ VB quite a
bit.  Or, you might use Python for Delphi
(http://membres.lycos.fr/marat/delphi/python.htm).  If you do need cross
platform, port your code to Kylix and tie it to Python ... has anyone done
this, btw?

-doug