Zaurus and Python, a good combination

Brad Clements bkc at Murkworks.com
Mon May 13 11:59:20 EDT 2002

"David LeBlanc" <whisper at oz.net> wrote in message
> The iPaq Python port has it's own python shell (pyshell?) in lieu of a
> commandline prompt. It uses the iPaq internal stylus "tap" input drivers
> (on-screen keyboard and 2 forms of "cursive" input recognition). I don't
> know, but I would assume that if the "thumbboard" (virtually identical to
> similar products for Palm and the zarius built-in) or stowaway keyboard
3rd
> party options are installed, then those could be used.

The iPaQ port uses "pcceshell.py" which is a modified ceshell.py.

It works just fine with my Targus Stowaway keyboard.

--

I'm really looking forward to wxWindows for the iPaQ, if that comes out,
I'll do the Python part and get it integrated in the iPaQ release.

Unfortunately the person who claims to be doing that port hasn't answered
any of my email messages. (Koan software?)