Flash web site

Lennart Sandqvist lennart at sandqvist.nu
Wed May 1 17:09:45 EDT 2002

Hello folks!

Please help me getting started. I need to find some one, who can help me
making a Flash animated web site, but first I want to get the specification
right.

Could You, please, have a look at the specification below and let me know
your opinion:

Questions:
1. Is the specification sufficiently detailed in order to enable a candidate
to make a correct work?

2. Can Flash be used for animating a 3D CAD model?

3. The point about independent web design, is meant to enable a web designer
to change the design, without having to change the code. Would it be
necessary to clarify that point?

4. The idea, with the database driven function of the FAQ etc, is naturally
that it should be easier to maintain. Would it be necessary to specify some
specific features?

5. Would it be an advantage to use the database even for the rest of the
site?

6. I have a script available that does the FAQ function as described.
It is PHP script and MySQL database. Would it be possible to integrate that
function, or any other similar packet, in the site?

Web site specification
Common part.
A starting page to attract attention, show what it is all about and show how
to proceed.
A page for the purchasing procedure and with links to deepening pages and
payment.
One page with deeper information for each product. (Just, one product to
start with.)
A database driven function for FAQ; Support; How to; Your view and
Discussion group.
An independent page from which the clients can "down load" the product after
the payment at the Click bank.
The site should be programmed so that the web design can be carried out
independently.
All pages on the site shall have the same logo and background.

The starting page. 1st level.
An animated Flash intro, using the logo and the company name.
(This is partly to make the waiting time less boring.)
A simple start page with 3D logo and company name.
A background on which I can show an animated 3D CAD model.
Place for a picture strip showing events. Example on the site
http://www.artistnation.com/members/lofts/zoranvedek/
A navigation list, as on the above mentioned site were Flash is used "on
mouse over" to show a transparent picture of the next page. Picture size
approx 1/5 of normal
Navigation links: About us; Products; Discussion; FAQ; Support; How to; Your
view.
No, "log in" for neither purchasing nor reading discussions etc.
Simple "log in" for persons wanting to write. Only name and e-mail address.

Page for purchasing product.  2-nd level
A simple page with the following for each product:
A small picture showing the product and with a link to the deepening page.
A click box or similar in order to mark what to buy.
An instruction and a link to the Click bank or similar bank.
To start with only one product, but the page could be prepared for expansion
to 8 products.

Page for deeper product information. 3 d level
Space for photographs and samples of CAD models, drawings and instructions.

A database driven function for FAQ; Support; How to; Your view and
Discussion group.
A complete and easily maintained system where discussion group and the
support functions automatically are creating information for the "FAQ" and
the "How to".
In the "Your view" page, there is also a "mail to" link.

Regards Lennart Sandqvist

TechMate in Sweden AB
Utterstigen 19
150 23 Enhörna