Macintosh Question

David Eppstein eppstein at ics.uci.edu
Wed May 1 17:31:54 EDT 2002

In article <mailman.1020286871.12217.python-list at python.org>,
 Cliff Wells <logiplexsoftware at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Not a Mac user, but perhaps dropping a file on the icon will call the script
> with the name of the dropped file as an argument?  If so then you can use
> either sys.argv or getopt.getopt to access the filename.

Yes, sys.argv will work, with compiled Python applets (if the user has
installed Python) or applications (if you can get application
compilation to work, I can't).  I haven't tried the getopt variation.

--
David Eppstein       UC Irvine Dept. of Information & Computer Science
eppstein at ics.uci.edu http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/