RS232 + python...

SneakerNet anangia at mailcity.com
Sat May 25 17:14:26 EDT 2002

Hey Franz
Thanks for the reply
ok i'm running win2k, python version 2.2.1
as mentioned in my original post i downloaded the 'uspp' files from the
site.
i unzipped the file and there were couple of .py files (and some readmes and
txt)
now maybe u can answer this where should i unzip those .py files to (i have
a feeling i might have unzipped them to the wrong dir).. also do i have
complie them or anything like that.. (the main files i guess would be
uspp.py and SerialPort_win.py)

anyway presuming i have instlled them in the right dir (which is
$python/Lib) when i type this command at the python shell (from uspp import
*) i get the following error:
>>> from uspp import *
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in ?
    from uspp import *
  File "C:\PROGRA~1\Python2.2\uspp.py", line 187, in ?
    from SerialPort_win import *
  File "C:\PROGRA~1\Python2.2\SerialPort_win.py", line 44, in ?
    from win32file import *
ImportError: No module named win32file

can u pls help me out ??
Regards

"F. GEIGER" <fgeiger at datec.at> wrote in message
news:acnvuk$1l4$1 at newsreaderg1.core.theplanet.net...
> What exactly is the problem? What's the error message?
>
> I work with PySerial on a win2k box and on a nt4 box. The former runs
Python
> 2.1.3, the latter 2.2.1. It works really fine for me, on both machines.
Have