DTML and Python Editor?

Bo bosahvremove at netscape.net
Fri May 24 17:12:21 EDT 2002

I'm teaching myself Python & Zope. I'd really like to find a free
programming environment to work in.

My options seem to be

http://www.zope.org/Members/Caseman/ExternalEditor
Zope product to enable an external Editor in Zope

http://www.editplus.com/index.html
$30
Syntax hilighting through plug in file

http://www.chami.com/html-kit/
free
Syntax Hilighting and custom word completion

Xemacs has dtml support from the python.org site. Although this has a
learning curve is it worth the effort??? I like the multi platform feature
but I chiefly use windows right now.

Even slickedit would be an option but its expensive.

Does anyone with work experience in Zope and Python have any advice to
share? I'd like to learn one environment for all this sort of work if
possible -- that would let me concentrate on the language not the
interface.

ps

What of the newer ZPE???? XMLish zope extensions??

what is the most full featured???

Bo