DTML and Python Editor?

Nils Kassube nika at kassube.de
Sat May 25 07:03:25 EDT 2002

Bo <bosahvremove at netscape.net> writes:

> Xemacs has dtml support from the python.org site. Although this has a
> learning curve is it worth the effort??? I like the multi platform feature
> but I chiefly use windows right now.

Yes. If you are like me, you spend most of time on your computer
editing text files (reading and writing). With Emacs you've got an
environment powerful enough to be sufficient for your editing tasks
for the next decade (be it DTML, Python, XML, LaTeX, Common Lisp, C,
Java, Scheme or one of the other zillion languages supported by
Emacs). If you want to customize your work environment, you can use an
easy-to-learn, though old Lisp dialect, elisp, to change the behaviour
of just about everything. Plus you've got access to many excellent
elisp applications fully integrated in your editing environment.

A very nice example of this is Gnus, the most powerful news and mail
client:

     http://www.gnus.org

Cheers,
Nils