Python 2.2.1 Windows / install variables ?

Rich Pinder rpinder at usc.edu
Mon May 13 19:48:37 EDT 2002

Firstly, I did try uninstalling, loggin in as root, re'installing - no
difference. (but my user profile is setup so I do have install
priviliges on the machine)

There isnt really a 'per user' option that I see with this installer
.... but under advanced options you can select 'Admin install' or
'Non-admin install'.  Is this what you're thinking about ?  It really
has to do with where you write the .dll's and other stuff executable
stuff.  Both would work for any user, but if you're installing, and you
dont have wrtie permissions to system32 directory, 'Non-admin install'
would allow you to still install the software.

thanks for your the thoughts - i'm keeping on trying !
(its funny - i'm only loading this stuff on the windows laptop to do
some testing/devel - all 'real' stuff would go on linux machines, if it
turns out the stuff works as advertised)