Python vs. Perl, which is better to learn?

Bernhard Herzog bh at intevation.de
Wed May 1 14:39:19 EDT 2002

aahz at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) writes:

> In article <mailman.1020263523.10473.python-list at python.org>,
> Mark McEahern <marklists at mceahern.com> wrote:
> >
> >What's that saying?  It goes something like,
> >
> >Suppose you have a problem that you think requires regular expressions.  Now
> >you have two problems.
>
> 'Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use regular
> expressions".  Now they have two problems.'  --Jamie Zawinski, comp.lang.emacs

TINCLE (There is no comp.lang.emacs) :)

At least not on google. And googling for "comp.lang.emacs" only turns up
this JWZ citation.

The posting was on comp.emacs.xemacs and alt.religion.emacs:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=33F0C496.370D7C45%40netscape.com

  Bernhard

--
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/