Looking for a scripting language

deckerben deckerben at freenet.de
Sun May 5 07:28:17 EDT 2002

> Dude!  Hey, that's no small feat.  Pass it back.
>
> That is, it impresses me considerably that your
> first encounter with Python was a backport to DJGPP-
> ed DOS.  I conclude you're plenty comfortable with
> C, and you must be picking up Python ideas quite
> quickly.

It was just a couple quick hacks, took me about an hour. The DJGPP and GNU
people, for that matter, are impressive ... not me :-)

Natuarally, I had to leave out Socketmodule (not even Richard Dawe's
Libsocket port could save it).
Mapmodule also was left out ( Tell me what it is and maybe I see what I can
do in the future :-). I also had to mangle Posixmodule a little, but it's
in.

Still want it?

> Are you willing to share your work?  Many others of
> us would like handy access to a Py2.5-for-DOS.

Gladly... after all, I think that I will be back here for help again :-) My
Py2.0.1 port has a lot more of the modules built in than the 2.5 does. Does
it matter? Want both? Niether :-)

BTW:  I don't have my website up right now. I'm on the move. Could someone
host it?

Peter Hansen" <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
> Try this:
>
> Python 2.2.1 (#34, Apr  9 2002, 19:34:33) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32

I'm in love. Yes, you read my mind.. this is just what I wanted. And it
works (even using my DOS hack).

> Stop considering Javascript immediately.  It is a dog's breakfast
> and not really intended for the sort of thing you need.

OK. Anyone need a DJGPP-DOS port of the NGS Javascript interpreter :-)

> I thought you wanted to rewrite some batch files, but now you are
> more concerned about future employment potential?

Just trying to think on practical terms :-)

Thanks Guys.
It really made a difference.

Ben