Looking for a scripting language

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Sun May 5 00:38:44 EDT 2002

In article <3cd49f78$0$355$9b622d9e at news.freenet.de>,
deckerben <deckerben at freenet.de> wrote:
			.
>As part of my experimentation, I ported the Python source (2.5 and 2.0.1) to
>DOS using DJGPP.
Dude!  Hey, that's no small feat.  Pass it back.

That is, it impresses me considerably that your
first encounter with Python was a backport to DJGPP-
ed DOS.  I conclude you're plenty comfortable with
C, and you must be picking up Python ideas quite
quickly.

Are you willing to share your work?  Many others of
us would like handy access to a Py2.5-for-DOS.
			.
			.
			.
>Which one of these languages has the greatest demand for programmers at the
>moment?
Read Peter's reply with the care he wrote it.

It's OK with me if you practice Perl for a week,
and then tell a hiring manager that you are a Perl
programmer.  You will already be in the upper half
of the candidates sought by people who ask for
"Perl programmers".
			.
			.
			.
The liability of Lisp, Ruby, and Rexx, given what
I understand to be your circumstances, is that
they don't currently manage WSH and related Win*
facilities.  Choose Python.  More than is conven-
ient to detail at this point, it's right for you.
It'll take you farther than you imagine.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net