Oberon in Python, ala Pyrex but instant compile?

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Tue May 14 22:56:43 EDT 2002

Brad Clements wrote:

> But I wondering if this is too crazy an idea or not. Have something like
> Pyrex write Oberon code, run it through an Oberon compiler and dynamically
> load the resulting module.

I suppose it could be done, provided you can make calls
to the Python/C API from Oberon code. I don't know
enough about current Oberon implementations to know
whether this is possible.

Anyway, feel free to hack on Pyrex to make it generate
Oberon, and let me know how you get on!

Christchurch, New Zealand
http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg