Off Topic, But List Related -- Tired of Getting Spammed Via The Python List?

Chris Liechti cliechti at gmx.net
Sat May 25 12:38:01 EDT 2002

"Peter F. Ferris" <python at gbronline.com> wrote in
news:mailman.1022342921.19946.python-list at python.org:

> Good Morning, Good Afternoon and Good Evening,
>
> I'm not sure if this is happening to everyone or just myself, but for
> the 4th time in approximately two-three weeks (since I've joined the
> Python.org list), I been spammed because I'm a list member.

you may not have noticed yet but the python list is mirrored to USENET:

and sometimes spammers go through those messages to collect addresses. the
mail<->list gateway has a spam protection form what i heard, but sometimes
a spam message yould get through.

i'm happy that this gateway exists - i prefer news over an email flood ;-).

chris

--
Chris <cliechti at gmx.net>