article: MS in Peruvian open-source nightmare

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Wed May 8 12:15:32 EDT 2002

> a peruvian congressman answers to letter form MS.
>
> its an long, but interesting read in favor of open source (hi Oleg ;-).
> i post this note here because GvR is metioned along with RMS, Linus and
> others.
>
> here's the article from "The Register" (found on "/."):
>
> chris
>
> --
> Chris <cliechti at gmx.net>

Thank you very much for posting this Chris.

I don't have to write the 'why do I want a world in which the right to
close source your program is greeted with the same sort of horror as the
right to sell your children into slavery' article.  The Peruvian
legislator David Villanueva Nuñez has done a better job than I could.

I think that this is pretty straight forward, and written well, as one might
expect from a famous Poet.  But if anybody wants 'marginal aggregate value'
and the like explained to them, post away and I will get to it.

Laura Creighton