Message queueing

Irmen de Jong irmen at NOSPAMREMOVETHISxs4all.nl
Thu May 2 19:02:24 EDT 2002

> Thanks for your reply. I have looked at Pyro, but since the system is going
> to be very loosely coupled I will need features such as guaranteed message
> delivery that queues offer.  This means that if a producer creates a message
[...]
> Out of what I have read on Pyro, it does not go as far as this (although it
> will automatically try to reconnect when a connection is broken) - pleas
> correct me if I am wrong.

No, you're right.
Pyro has no QoS concerning the messages passed over the network.
There is no persistent store. If the receiving end is down for some reason,
either (1) the caller gets a connection error or (2) your message is
discarded (when using the Event Server).

It looks like your needs can't be fulfilled with Pyro. Pity :-)

Irmen de Jong