Message queueing

Noah Spurrier noah at noah.org
Thu May 2 21:59:50 EDT 2002

Message queueing
You could also roll your own using Sendmail or qmail or some other mail
server.
That at least gets you a the transport layer. You would then have to add an
interface
for Python or XML-RPC -- and feed mail server error logs back into your
system.
It's easier than it sounds. We did something like this at BlueLight
(K-Mart) -- of course,
maybe that is a bad example ;-) But it worked; it was easy to use and fix;
and easy
to figure out how it was working -- unlike a horrible Java wrapped MQ-Series
thing
they also made us use.

Your XML-RPC to Jython/JMS bridge thing sounds elegant compared to my idea.
Unless you find a better Message Queue then I think that's your best bet.
An XML-RPC interface to JMS almost sounds like a product.

It's sad, but the importance of message queues does not seemed to have been
picked up by the open source community. As far as I can tell there are no
open source message queues... I don't have a job, maybe someone wants to
help
me write one :-)

Yours,
Noah