SSL still broken on Solaris ?

Philippe Bredel bredel at gol.com
Wed May 1 21:02:18 EDT 2002

Hi,

  A few months ago I was looking at SSL support in Python and decided
to go back to this project yesterday. I was rather surprised to
discover that socketmodule.c still doesn't call RAND_seed() despite
the fact that the issue had been mentionned in earlier posts.
  I was initially using 1.5.2 on SunOS5.6, assumed it had been fixed
so downloaded 2.2.1, recompiled w/ SSL support (I'm using openssl
0.9.6) and kept on getting the famous PRNG not seeded error message. I
eventually found a post from Dave Beazley with his fix but the whole
process was really painful.
  There's a usable /dev/random file on my box but I just made a
"dirty" recompile using a fixed seed to make sure it was fixing the
problem.
  Any plans to address this issue in the upcoming releases ? Thanks.

Rgds,
Phil