Python Cookbook from Oreilly???

David Ascher DavidA at ActiveState.com
Thu May 16 13:22:46 EDT 2002

Markus Jais wrote:

>hi
>at amazon.com I saw that there should be a python cookbook published
>by oreilly in April 2002, but I can not find it at www.oreilly.com
>
>does anybody if and when this will be published???

If: YES!

When: Soon.

We're in the copy-editing & production phases, which are done by O'Reilly.

>for Ruby I have always "The Ruby Way" by Hal Fulton on my desk which is
>writtin in a cookbook style. such a book saves a lot of time
>
>this is definitely a book that is missing for python right now.

Glad to hear you say so!

It was a _lot_ more work for Alex Martelli, me, and the O'Reilly folks
than anyone had planned. I'm quite pleased with where it's ended,
though!  Hopefull the readership will be as well.

-- David Ascher
    co-editor, Python Cookbook