python, a scripting language?

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Sun May 12 17:41:24 EDT 2002

"Erlend J. Leiknes" <nookieNO_SP_AM at online.no> wrote:
> A friend of mine which is a java programmer insists on that python is
> scripting language...

Feh.  We've got a small crowd at work who seem to enjoy arguing semantics
such as what makes something a programming language vs. a scripting
language, or whether "what system X does can really be called compiling"?

All I know is that for a lot of what I do, Python lets me get my work done
quicker and easier than the alternatives.  If it makes you feel better to
accuse me of using a scripting language, I'm OK with that :-)