which db should I use?

Gerhard Häring gh_pythonlist at gmx.de
Thu May 16 16:33:54 EDT 2002

* Tino Lange <tl_news at nexgo.de> [2002-05-16 22:24 +0200]:
> But originally David has written
>
> >> Have a look
> >> at http://firebird.sourceforge.net/ and http://www.ibphoenix.com/
> >> A Python interface is available, of course, as well as a Zope database
> >> adapter.
>
> This sounds more like an "official" Python API to me, not like just
> "googling" for something available. But on those pages I could not
> find anything about Python integration.

A misunderstanding perhaps. If you look hard enough, you'll find a link to the
Python interface on the ibphoenix page ;-)

Your options to natively Interbase from Python are gvibDA (just use the DB-API
part of this Zope Database Adapter) and kinterbasdb. kinterbasdb looks to be
more actively developped atm (after a period of inactivity, it's got a new
maintainer).

Gerhard
--
This sig powered by Python!
Außentemperatur in München: 19.5 °C      Wind: 1.0 m/s