How to get login computer's domain name?

Beverly Pope bevkpope at yahoo.com
Sun May 26 08:15:49 EDT 2002

Thanks for the quick response :-).  Unfortunately,
socket.gethostname() will not provide that information
at locations where the hostname command returns a
different domain name than the domainname command.  I
know of several sites which do that to obfuscate site
information.

Do you know of any command that would return the same
information as the domainname command?

Thanks again.