python: cross-platform?

Danyel Fisher danyelf at acm.org
Tue May 7 15:29:53 EDT 2002

I was pleased to discover some time back that code written entirely on a
UNIX machine worked with virtually [*] no changes on a PC. So--assuming you
aren't doing anything too exotic, you should find that most code you
generate is largely cross-platform.

[*] Ok, so the original coder had written something like
    new Socket( host, port )
it turns out that PC systems want the input to be a tuple,
    new socket( (host, port) )

news:3CD7F74A.197E5CB8 at millfilm.co.uk...