which db should I use?

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at vier.idi.ntnu.no
Tue May 14 06:21:37 EDT 2002

>I have a project that I want to do with python. It involves a database
>table with  some 100,000 rows, total size about 400MB and climbing. I
>will be adding about 700 rows a day, and occasionally want to do a
>query, but only occasionally. (I am putting all the posts from an active
>newsgroup in to a db for data gathering, and to learn python and sql
>stuff) But I don't know which db module would work better for me?I am
>running this on a linux box, and cross platform is not a big deal, I am
>looking at both postgres and mysql. Since I have 0 experience with
>either one especially in context of interfacing with python. I'd like
>suggestions please.

I would suggest checking out Metakit
(http://www.equi4.com/metakit/python.html), a very versatile and
easy-to-use database package with bindings for Python. (There is an
SQL front-end for it too, but you probably won't need that.)

--
Magnus Lie Hetland                                  The Anygui Project
http://hetland.org                                  http://anygui.org