Win32 ASP Problems (Response.End)

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Fri May 31 09:39:41 EDT 2002

Mark Hammond wrote:

I meant to clarify:

> * Response.end appears to actually be *calling* Response.End() - even
> without the parens.  This is a side-effect of the way Python queries
> objects for their properties.  This actually shouldn't be happening -
> Response.end should raise an AttributeError.  I will look into this, but
> have spent too much time on AXScript already this week!

Response.End does the right thing - ie, "Response.End" is a bound
method, so the parens are needed.  "Response.end" behaves strangely.  It
is this discrepancy that I consider a bug, and I think I should simply
make "Response.end" (and every other incorrectly cased method) fail with
an AttributeError.

I guess backwards compatibility could be an issue.  I wonder if fixing
this would break anyones code?

Mark.