Still on py2exe (is it free?)

synthespian synthespian at uol.com.br
Wed May 8 21:16:43 EDT 2002

On Sun, 28 Apr 2002 10:37:11 -0300, Utente wrote:

> Excuse me for bothering...
> i'm interested in py2exe, but i experience some strange (for me...)
> behavior.
> Everything works fine running the .pyw (or the .py) main file. I have
> some modules, and the application is build with wxPython (no problems
> for py2exe with wxPython anyway).
> One of the modules reads and writes a dictionary on a file with the
> shelve module. And it works fine.
> When i make the "exe" with py2exe everything goes well, the application
> runs, but when i try to load data (either with an absolute or a relative
> path) it stops. The file exists, the application works fine when
> iterpreted but stops whit no error messages or anything when executed
> from the exe. I really don't understand why, and i don't see a solution
> for my problem. Can anybody give some suggestion?
>
> Thanks, Max
Hi-

	I want to write a small application for enteral nutrition for a
hospital. I want to do it in Python, but I don't want to keep explaining
to every one of the Windoze people there that they'll allways need to
have Python installed.
	So I figured that py2exe seem ideal for a stand-alone app. It makes
things easier on the Windrones.
	* But * I'll only go ahead and do it if py2exe is free software. Is it?

	Cheers
	Henry