Still on py2exe (is it free?)

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Thu May 9 09:44:45 EDT 2002

In article <mailman.1020915495.17878.python-list at python.org>,
Bjorn Pettersen <BPettersen at NAREX.com> wrote:
>> From: synthespian [mailto:synthespian at uol.com.br]=20
>>
>> 	I want to write a small application for enteral=20
>> nutrition for a hospital. I want to do it in Python, but I=20
>> don't want to keep explaining to every one of the Windoze=20
>> people there that they'll allways need to have Python installed.
>> 	So I figured that py2exe seem ideal for a stand-alone=20
>> app. It makes things easier on the Windrones.
>> 	* But * I'll only go ahead and do it if py2exe is free=20
>> software. Is it?
>
>With that attitude I sincerely hope that you don't get to write any
>software for end users. Oh, and let's see, go to google, check the first
			.
			.
			.
There's something here I need to understand.
Is it the engineering decisions, or the manner
of expression, of synthespian, that you find
"arrogant"?  I agree that to write of "Win-
drones" doesn't communicate respect and
compassion.  On the other hand, perhaps
synthespian is accustomed to hearing such
rubrics among the colleagues with whom he's
most comfortable.  Perhaps English is a
second language for him, and his words don't
ring in his ears with the same harshness you
apparently hear.

So:  synthespian:  others have already refer-
red you to the exact py2exe license.  I hope
you and your end-users find satisfaction with
it.  Good luck improving the nutrition of
your patients.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net