Again: gadfly + py2exe HELP really needed

Max nospam at nospam.nospam
Sun May 26 05:21:53 EDT 2002

Hi everybody. Excuse me for bothering again with an old question... but i
still can't solve my problem.
The problem is that i can't make a windows exe (with py2exe 0.3.3) because
the exe form of the program (wich runs perfectly under interpreter) exits
when i try to ask:

mydb = gadfly.gadfly()

I supposed the problem could be some module not imported automatically by
py2exe, but i tried many modules (md5, marshal, string, re (sre, pre),
types, socket, select) with NO success at all!
py2exe, however, gives me the following error:

copying C:\Python22\lib\site-packages\gadfly\kjbuckets.pyd ->
dist\SMPNotaMain
warning: py2exe:
**********
warning: py2exe: * The following modules were not found:
warning: py2exe: *   cmndlgsc
warning: py2exe: *   imagec
warning: py2exe: *   clip_dndc
warning: py2exe: *   windows3c
warning: py2exe: *   filesysc
warning: py2exe: *   eventsc
warning: py2exe: *   windows2c
warning: py2exe: *   controlsc
warning: py2exe: *   ic
warning: py2exe: *   misc2c
warning: py2exe: *   controls2c
warning: py2exe: *   os.path
warning: py2exe: *   windowsc
warning: py2exe: *   stattoolc
warning: py2exe: *   mdic
warning: py2exe: *   gdic
warning: py2exe: *   sizersc
warning: py2exe: *   printfwc
warning: py2exe: *   streamsc
warning: py2exe: *   miscc
warning: py2exe: *   framesc
warning: py2exe:
**********

i always supposed this error was due to kjbuckets.pyd (wich i copied in that
directory, as written in the readme for installing gadfly...)
If i haven't misunderstood, the kjbuckets.pyd should be the compiled
version, and the package should run anyway, corect? And what all these
modules ending with "c" are?
Now i have some new doubts about all that...

And the last question i have to solve is: can i keep using gadfly in the
hope to make my "exe" one day, or it's better to go back to a previous
version, less flexible but working? I know i'm the only one that can answer
the last question but... any help i GREATLY appreciated...

Hi everybody,
Max