expect

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Tue May 14 18:45:41 EDT 2002

In article <mailman.1021409305.30211.python-list at python.org>,
Hardy Merrill  <hmerrill at redhat.com> wrote:
>I had the hardest time finding good documentation for expect,
>and I must say I still haven't found any "good" documenation.
>I didn't find the manpage very useful, and since I couldn't
>find any good docs online, I resorted to buying the book
>"Exploring Expect" by Libes (O'Reilly) - but my review of
>that book isn't much better.  But it does have *some* useful
>information in there.
>
>I'd be interested to know if anyone else has found any good
>docs on expect.
			.
			.
			.
Are we talking about Expect, as the book documents
it, or the Python expect module, or some platonic
expect which presumably underlies both?

I'm wildly enthusiastic about *Exploring Expect*.
I find it superlative, in several regards.

On the other hand, Don Libes and I disagree on other
matters, so I'm willing at least to consider the
possibility that your negative review of the book is
more accurate than laudatory one.

In any case, all the other worthwhile information on
the (Tcl-oriented) Expect should be available through
anything there, though, will meet your threshold for
"good docs".
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net