How to play a .wav sound?

Bruno Bellamy bellamy at neverland.net
Fri May 31 15:43:03 EDT 2002

I guess the question has probably been asked many times, sorry for
bothering...
But I searched here and there, and I couldn't find how to do that, simply
play a .wav sound from a python program using Tkinter.

Moreover, I need to do that in a program that would run similarly under
Linux and Windows.

I saw there's a python module called wave, but it seems it can only read
.wav files. I coulnd't find a way to actually play the sound. Maybe it's
hidden somewhere?

If anybody can help me, that would be cool. :)

Bruno Bellamy: bellamy at neverland.net
Web perso: http://neverland.net/bellamy
ShowerGate, le croquis de la semaine: http://showergate.net