[ANN] Puffin: Web Application Testing Framework

A. Keyton Weissinger lists at weissinger.org
Mon May 13 20:34:15 EDT 2002

Greetings and salutations!

I've sent this to the Announcements list, but there seems to be just as many
announcements on this list. So I figured I'd drop this one-time note in here
as well.

What is Puffin?

Puffin allows you to test any web application or service. Once customized to
your web application, you can use Puffin to unit test individual web pages,
system test your entire web application, or load test your entire site.

You can find out more about Puffin at http://puffin.sourceforge.net.

You can either download the latest stable release (0.8.9) or retrieve the
latest snapshot from CVS (recommended -- lots of bugfixes and some MySQL
support).

The documentation is in the process of being updated, but check out the
current User's Guide, nonetheless
(http://puffin.sourceforge.net/puffindocs/UserGuide.htm). It gives the ins
and outs of all that Puffin can do.

Be sure to watch IBM's developerWorks for a series of articles coming up on
Puffin as well!

I'm looking for any and every way I can make Puffin better. So don't
hesitate to contact me if you find a bug or think of a feature you want. I
will make whatever time is required to make Puffin better fit your needs and
its purpose!

Thank you!

Keyton