python cryptography toolkit

A.M. Kuchling akuchlin at ute.mems-exchange.org
Wed May 1 17:01:57 EDT 2002

In article <87d6wfbt9o.fsf at tux.ntw23.fr>, Sylvain Thenault wrote:
> * where is the Crypto.PublicKey module mentionned in section 5 ?

Gone; I've removed the PublicKey code because the interface was all
wrong, and I have no idea what the right interface is.  Paul Rubin is
apparently working on public-key code, and that will be worth checking
out.  The docs aren't fully up to date for the new code yet.

> * according to the doc, all hash modules should define a 'digest_size'
> variable, but MD5 doesn't and SHA defines 'digestsize'

Oh, I hadn't thought of this!  Python comes with MD5 and SHA modules,
and Crypto.Hash.MD5 simply does 'from md5 import *' to make Python's
module available, but if you're on an older version of Python, the md5
module might not support digest_size.  Hmm... I'm going to have to add
code to MD5.py to fix this.

--amk                                                             (www.amk.ca)
When the honey of another's life touches my nervous system I could almost be
sucking on God's little finger.
    -- The Head, in ENIGMA #1: "The Lizard, The Head, The Enigma"