Low level python

Gustavo Cordova gcordova at hebmex.com
Fri May 3 10:53:49 EDT 2002

> I think you can probably get native assembly by using weave
> http://www.scipy.org/site_content/weave
>
> Just use inline assembly within the C code string.
>
> - Ken

Yes, weave can do that. But I'm searching for a diferent angle,
instead of using an external utility to compile a function, which
will be subsequently imported as an external module, why not
assemble machine-language functions, and call them, directly from
python?

That way, you can do it all from inside python, without any external
utilities, and apply any and all python features to the process.

-gustavo