Low level python

Fahd Khan speakstofish at hotmail.com
Fri May 3 18:47:23 EDT 2002

I've used Python before in a device driver. It wasn't a kernel-mode
driver (either a GPIB device or serial, don't recall), and in our case
in fact we used Python for *speed*. That is, we needed access to some
Python code to do some data analysis and thought we'd save a little
time by sticking it directly in the driver. The driver itself is C.
Python is embedded (we pull python code out of a string table). Not
100% Python, but it's an example of how you could use Python in a
driver for something useful. ~fk