Something getmail-like, but with IMAP as well as POP3?

Lloyd Zusman ljz at asfast.com
Sun May 5 01:31:08 EDT 2002

I like the "getmail" utility (written in Python), but it only handles
POP3 retrieval.

Does anyone know of any hacks or patches for "getmail", or perhaps another
Python utility altogether, which functions similarly to "getmail" but
which makes use of IMAP as well as POP3?

I know about "fetchmail", but it's not suitable to me because I want to
make some personal changes to the utility's functionality, and that
would be much easier to do in Python than in C (which "fetchmail" is
written in).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions for such a Python utility.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz at asfast.com