Multibyte Character Surport for Python

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.pp.ru
Sat May 11 12:06:45 EDT 2002

On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 05:49:00PM +0200, Laura Creighton wrote:
> I can provide any number of people who consider, as a matter of
> principal, that it is _always_ better to make it part of the
> library and not part of the language.  Some of these people will

   I think this way.

> also argue that it is bad to provide users with options.  This is

   To some extent.

> the 'lean and elegant' school of language design, and they are
> extrmely consistent in liking tiny languages with large libraries.

   Exactly! One of the best languages I've ever saw was Forth. Once I even
implemented Forth interpreter. The core of the interpreter was 200 lines in
assembler, and after that I switched to Forth and implemented the rest of
the language and library using the Forth itself.

Oleg.
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru