Python on W2K server and dos batch files?

Anthony_Barker anthony_barker at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 7 17:52:22 EST 2002

> Personally, I like wxPython better: I think it produces a more native
> looking app, is faster, and I just like how it is put together better.
> Most of this is just personal preference. The one truly compelling
> reason to use TK is the wonderful canvas widget, but you don't seem to
> have a need for that. At first look, TK seems to be quicker and easier and require less code to build a GUI, but my experience (and that of others) is that while you can through something together faster with TK, once you tweek it to be
> just how you want, and have a full blown application, you have written
> more code than you would with wxPython.

The application is an admin tool, "A throw away application". Thats
why I recommended TKinter.

If you are going to use the application on multiple machines you don't
need to worry about installing wxPython on each one or writing an
install program. I needed a commercially supported distro which runs
on Solaris and Windows. ActiveState comes only with TKinter. For info:
http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/