mx odbc result strings with special characters?

Alexander Jerusalem ajeru at vknn.org
Mon Mar 4 00:14:22 EST 2002

Hmm, ok, can you tell me how I can convert such a string back to the
ISO8859-1 character set so that I can write it to a text file?

The strange thing is, that when I read umlauts from a textfile and
print them to standard out, they remain intact. Only when they come
from the database driver are they converted to this hex
representation.

Alexander