CP4E was Re: Deitel and Deitel Book...

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Mar 6 18:37:54 EST 2002

In article <mailman.1015439904.7322.python-list at python.org>, Geoff Gerrietts wrote:

> People don't get smarter as they get older,

They certainly do (using just about any definition of "smarter"
I can imagine) for the first year or two while the nervous
system completes mylenization.

After that, you may be able come up with a definition of
"smarter" for which your statement is true.

> People don't get "smarter" as they get older, though they do develop
> strategies for learning that enable them to learn things more quickly.

I'd call that getting smarter.  :)

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Imagine--a WORLD
                                  at               without POODLES...