Python on W2K server and dos batch files?

Mark Kingston mkingston at -at-shaw.ca
Thu Mar 7 01:49:13 EST 2002

Thanks Anthony.  I downloaded the ActiveState and it has very good
documentation.  Can you please tell me what TK is?

I would definitely like to rewrite those dos batch files in Python.

Also, yes, please send me some sample scripts as I have only programmed in
Object Pascal and VB.  Python seems more C like but I like what I've seen so
far.

Thanks again.

--
Mark.
mkingston at -at-shaw.ca
Please remove '-at-' from email if replying directly to me.

news:899f842.0203062032.75b219a7 at posting.google.com...
news:<3c866f0c$1_2 at axion.net>...
> > Hello Experts,
> >
> > I've been looking into the possibility of using Python as a scripting
> > language for use on our Windows 2000 Server with Terminal Services and
> > Citrix Metaframe XPa.  The reason I'm looking into a scripting language
> > instead of a compiled program is that I need to add new functionality to
the
> > programs often.  The scripting program will also serve as a "launch pad"
for
> > other DOS batch files and compiled console applications.
>
> Works fine - I wrote some scripts to monitoring some servers at a
> Canadian Bank.I recommend the ActiveState distro as you will be using
> windows, I found it includes more 'extras'... Also checkout their
> website for some sample scripts.
>

> > 1. Create a GUI (wxPython?) which will be used for server administration
> > purposes such as automatically displaying a list of NT users on a form
and
> > allowing the user to select which user to enable or disable.
> TK may be better for a quick gui. You can access the NT directory via
> COM or do   LDAP lookups.
>
> > 2. Create a GUI which will allow a user to launch other scripts such as
DOS