Status of PEP's?

Jeff Hinrichs jlh at cox.net
Fri Mar 1 20:18:01 EST 2002

<James_Althoff at i2.com> wrote in message
[...snip...]
> There's no requirement to think about number theory or to view integers as
> collections here.  All that is suggested is a slightly-less cluttered
(than
> current) way to iterate the indices of an indexed-collection.  If you are
> happy with range/xrange, so be it.
What you are asking everyone to agree with is:
        5 = [0,1,2,3,4]
I would fall in the camp that does not favor this.

If you were to restate the above as:
       f(5)=[0,1,2,3,4]
Then, I believe, that you wouldn't have any problem convincing a large
majority that it is possible for f() to produce such an output.  That being
said, I would find that the argument favors the use of range/xrange over the
concept of iterable integers.

-Jeff Hinrichs