Dictionary Comprehension

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk
Tue Mar 19 08:31:05 EST 2002

Michael Hudson <mwh at python.net> wrote:

>It got made into a PEP:
>
>    http://python.sourceforge.net/peps/pep-0274.html
>
>The "Parade of the PEPs" says:
>
>  PEP 274 - Dict Comprehensions - Warsaw
>
>    If we were to adopt dict comprehensions, this PEP says everything
>    that needs to be said. But I don't even want to think about this
>    for Python 2.3; I think it's way too minor a feature.
>
>    This would be a lot easier to adopt if there was a working
>    implementation in patch form.
>
>    Sometimes it would be nice if things like this could be defined
>    using hygienic macros or some other kind of preprocessor or
>    whatever, and imported from a module, rather than requiring major
>    hacking in the parser, the bytecode compiler, and the virtual
>    machine.
>
>Cheers,
>M.

Neat. I really must have a nose around the PEPs sometime. There could
be all sorts of things I should be getting excited about.

It doesn't look like they're barging each other out of the way to get
to code it, though, does it? :-(

Oh well.
--
Dale Strickland-Clark